Basic Classes – some materials provided with class
- Basic Stringing: $15; Learn to use beadwire and crimps (both included) to string a necklace/bracelet
- Easy Earrings: $12; Use headpins and eyepins (included in class) to build 3-5 pairs of basic earrings
- Tin Cup Knotting: $20; Beads float on knotted cord for a simple elegant necklace
Wirework – copper wire is provided with class
- Wirework 1: $20; Wrapped wire links and an S-hook make a quick and easy bracelet
- Wirework 2: $20; What to do with BIG wire and large-holed beads
- Crazy Curl Cab: $22 + your stone; Bring a stone and we’ll make it into a funky wirewrapped pendant
- Wirewrap 1: $20 + your arrowhead/sharks tooth; Here’s a quick lesson in caging a triangular stone
- Wirewrap 2: $25 + your stone; Use square wire to create a traditional wire-wrapped pendant
- Fab Findings: $22; Make your own earwires, clasps and cord ends out of copper wire
- Mandrel Magic: $22; Learn to form an earring frame and embellish with beads
- Mandrel Magic Act2: $25; Wrap and weave wire around a frame, adding beads, chain, and elements
- Embellished Chain: $25; Take a length of chain and add dangles/ inclusions to create a necklace
- Beaded Wire Cuff: $28; Use wire to make a frame, then embellish with random swirls of seed beads
Off Loom Weaving – Needle, thread and beads required, as well as your reading classes…
- Even Count Peyote: $15 + matl; Large seed beads stitch together quickly to make a beautiful bracelet
- Odd Count Peyote: $20 + matl: Learn to make and read a peyote graph while creating a bracelet
- One Step Two Step Peyote: $18 + matl; Two size beads means more texture! Step up your game
- Herringbone: $20 + matl; This textural stitch creates a lovely bracelet
- Brick Stitch Earrings: $12 + matl; This classic earring is quick to stitch in your favorite colors
- Comanche Earrings: $20 + matl; Paint a picture with tiny beads and add fringe to make them swing
- Tila Trio: $22 + matl; One bracelet, 3 ways, lots of options to explore using the new two-holed beads
- Spiral Rope: $18 + matl; Make a bracelet w/ this traditional technique; develop your own variations
- Swarovski Spiral: $20 + matl; Double your spiral for a cool rope that sparkles with tiny crystals
- Spattered Spiral: $20 + matl; Try out this clever spiral variation that yields a totally different look
- Brick Stitch Bracelet: $15 + matl; Start out with brick stitch to create a multistrand treasure bracelet
- Caterpillar Bracelet: $22 + matl; Loops of beads create a fringe that dances on your wrist
- Carmel Carousel: $25 + matl; Bugles and firepolished build a framework to showcase crystals
- Balanced Beads: $18 + matl; A beaded bead that you can use in your other projects
- Ruffle Riot: $24 + matl; Delicate little wheels of beads can be layered together or used separately
- Diamonds and Pearls: $20 + matl; This right angle weave bracelet will add elegance to any outfit
- Crystal Rope Tutorial: $18 + matl; Weave a rope with crystals and pearls that is simple yet special
- Stitched Beaded Cuff: $18 + matl; Beads stitched randomly to a ground make a stylish bracelet
- Fringe and Fancy: $20 + matl; Use thread and seed beads to embellish a scarf edge
- Beaded Cabochon: $25 + matl; Capture a stone with stitched embellishment an a ground of ultrasuede
- Fringed Cabochon Pendant: $25 + matl; Turn that beaded cab into a gorgeous necklace
Loomwork – Needle, thread, loom and seed beads required; bring your reading glasses!
- Beginning Loomwork: $30 + matl; Weaving with beads is easy; learning to finish beautifully is the skill
Bead Crochet – Thread, beads and basic crochet skills required (tensioning is critical)
- Bead Crochet Rope: $20 + matl; An intro to bead crochet ropes – a bracelet is just the place to start
- Bead Crochet Advanced: $30 + matls; Variations on the standard bead crochet ropes
French Beaded Flowers – Wire & beads required; we provide the finishing materials
- Basic Beaded Flowers: $20 + matl; Have enough jewelry? Here’s something for your home
- Beyond Beaded Flowers: $25 + matl; So many flowers, and most can be made with a few techniques
Macramé and Knotting
- Macramé Intro: $15 + matl; Use Square stitch and Half Stitch to knot up a hemp bracelet
- Micro-macramé: $18 + matl; Make it small and elegant with nylon cording and seed beads
- Pearl knotting: $20 + matl; Traditional pearl knotting with the secrets behind the finishing techniques
If you don’t see the class you want, ASK!
We can make it happen!
Welcome to Jack of All Beads. We are nearly done with remodeling our space and are now concentrating on cleaning up and getting out a ton of backstocked beads – this is all of the cool stuff we’ve not had room for until now. We will be rearranging stock to make room for new seed beads, gemstone beads, and metal beads and findings. Even we don’t know what we’ll discover in our hoard!
For all of you who have been waiting for an online listing of classes, that’s in the works as well. You can request a class at your convenience. Just for you. Or for you and a few friends.
Starting this month – a monthly “stitch-in” for those who love off-loom weaving. Bring your current project or start a new one. With several experienced stitchers in one room, it’s the best way to learn new tricks and techniques and to share what you know with like-minded beaders. Anyone interested in joining should contact Sandy here at the shop.
What We Do
We are a full service beadstore – beads; supplies; classes and one-on-one assistance; repairs; gallery – this is our daily “grind” (sound like fun?) along with Tanzanian Peaberry. We started this dream back on the east coast and have found it’s reality here on the west coast, in a beautiful little town located in the heart of wine country. We have been Bead People for many years and wanted to share this happy world with others. Come in and see what the bead buzz is all about.
We are Jon & Sandy. Along with our friends Bonnie, Jenny, Jan, Mike and all our other co-op artists, we are waiting to meet you and meet all your bead needs. Drop in and say hi anytime.
Feel free to call, email, or just stop buy.<g>.
- Postal address
- 618 NE 3rd St, McMinnville, OR 97128
- Store Hours
- Change seasonally – call for details. Additionally, we are a cooperative of artists dedicated to keeping prices low and helping spread a love of art and craft and, as such, please bear in mind our ENTIRE STAFF is volunteer local-artists. Volunteer schedules can change at the last minute for a number of reasons, including medical ones, so please have patience with last-minute schedule changes. Also, phone numbers are often posted in the window – if you have travelled a long distance, or if it is hard for you to get to the store, or if you really need something on a deadline – PLEASE call those numbers – they are posted because those artists want to help and want you to have a good experience!
Send mail to email@example.com with questions or comments about this web site.